- Our advertisements that are displayed to you on third-party websites may be customized to your interests and preferences based on your personally-identifiable information and website usage information collected through our Site.
What information is collected on this Site?
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify you as an individual or allow someone to contact you, as well as information attributed with such information. We may use this information to reply to an inquiry that you made through our Site. We collect Personal Information such as your name; company name; age or year of birth; postal addresses; e-mail addresses; telephone numbers, so that we may reply to your inquiry. For example, we collect Personal Information when you submit a comment or question to us using the “Contact Us” or similar feature on the Site. We may at times send you periodic emails and/or product information. The information you provide will be stored in our database for future communication.
Site Usage Information
As is the case with many websites, our servers may automatically collect your IP address when you visit our Site, and we may associate that with your domain name or that of your Internet access provider. We may also capture certain “clickstream data” pertaining to your Site usage. Clickstream data includes, for example, information about your computer or device, web browser and operating system and their settings, the referring page that linked you to the Site, the pages, content or ads you see or click on during your visit and when and for how long you do so, items you download, the next website you visit when you leave the Site, and any search terms you have entered on the Site or a referral site. In addition, we may deploy various tracking technologies on the Site to collect additional information about your Site visits. For example:
- Cookies are small data files stored on your computer or device at the request of a website. A cookie assigns a unique numerical identifier to your web browser and may enable us to recognize you as the same user who was at our Site in the past and relate your use of the Site to other information about you, such as your Site usage information and Personal Information. Cookies may also be used to enhance your experience on the Site (for example, by storing your username so you can log in easily, keeping you logged into the Site after you have provided your password, and storing the contents of your shopping cart as you browse) or to collect general usage and aggregated statistical information and detect and prevent fraud. Most browsers can be set to detect cookies and give you an opportunity to reject them, but refusing cookies may, in some cases, inhibit or preclude your use of the Site or its features. These tracking technologies may be deployed by us and/or by our service providers or partners on our behalf. These technologies enable us to assign a unique number to you and relate your Site Usage Information to other information about you, including your Personal Information. By using our Site, you consent to our use of these tracking technologies as described above.
Do Not Track Disclosures
Some web browsers may transmit “do-not-track” signals to the websites with which the user communicates. Because of differences in how web browsers incorporate and activate this feature, it is not always clear whether users intend for these signals to be transmitted, or whether they even are aware of them. Because there currently is no industry standard concerning what, if anything, websites should do when they receive such signals, we currently do not change our tracking practices (which are explained in more detail under “Site Usage Information” above) in response to “do-not-track” (“DNT”) settings in your web browser. If and when a final standard is established and accepted, we will reassess how to respond to these signals.
Our third-party partners, such as ad networks, web analytics companies and social media and networking platforms, collect information about your online activities over time and across our Site and other online properties. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings.
How is your information used?
We or our service providers may use the information we collect from and about you to perform the following business functions:
- enabling users to use our Site and its features;
- responding to your requests, questions, and concerns;
- market research;
- consistent with any communications preferences you have set on this Site, sending you or calling you with marketing and other communications, including information about products, services, and events, of ours and of others, that we think might interest you;
- protecting our rights and property;
- customizing our Site to your interests and history with us; and
- other purposes disclosed when personal information is submitted to us.
To perform the above functions, we may match information collected from you through different means or at different times, including both Personal Information and Site Usage Information, and use such information along with information obtained from other sources (including third parties) such as demographic information and updated contact information. APD and our service providers may also use your information to assess the level of interest in, and use of, the Site, our e-mails and our other messaging campaigns both on an individual basis and in the aggregate.
Third party social networking platforms and blogging platforms have their own privacy policies which explain how they will use, protect and share your information, including any information you share on those platforms from our Site, and we encourage you to read them.
Do we share Personal Information and Site Usage Information with others?
Yes. We may share the information we collect on the Site with others for a variety of reasons. In addition to the kinds of information sharing you might expect, such as sharing with third parties who need your information in order to provide services to us (or on our behalf), we may share your information:
- with our affiliates, and with your permission with other third parties, for their marketing and other purposes;
- when we believe, in good faith, that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights or property, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government, judicial or other legal request, or to comply with the law; and
- in connection with a corporate change or dissolution, including for example a merger, acquisition, reorganization, consolidation, bankruptcy, liquidation, the sale of assets or wind down of business.
In addition, we may share non-personally identifiable Site Usage Information (including aggregate data) with others, for their own use, in a form that does not include your name or contact information.
Third-Party Ad Servers and Networks
We use third-party advertising companies to serve our ads on third-party Web sites. These companies may use information about your visits to this Site and other websites, the region of the country or world where your IP address indicates you are located, as well as other information about you in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. These companies may employ cookies, clear GIFs and other tracking technologies to cause relevant ads to be displayed to you. We encourage you to read these businesses’ privacy policies to learn about how they treat your information.
While we endeavor to protect the security and integrity of sensitive Personal Information collected via this Site, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that any information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be absolutely safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
If you correspond with us by e-mail, text message, or using web forms like a “Contact Us” feature on our Site, you should be aware that your transmission might not be secure. A third party could view the information you send in transit by such means. We will have no liability for disclosure of your information due to errors or unauthorized acts of third parties during or after transmission.
If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you may contact us at:
A.P. Deauville, LLC
594 Jersey Avenue
New Brunswick, New Jersey 08901
Effective Date: January 1, 2019
©2019 A.P. Deauville, LLC. All claims valid only in the U.S.